What is Made In Cymru?
Definition & Examples of Made In Cymru
Made In Cymru is an online marketplace built specifically for independent Welsh artists that connects sellers with buyers. It is primarily used for selling items that are handmade in Wales such as handmade goods, arts and crafts.
What is Made In Cymru?
Made In Cymru is an online marketplace where sellers can connect with buyers. Sellers on Made In Cymru typically sell a variety of handcrafted gifts, products and crafts.
Products sold on Made In Cymru include:
- Art & Collectibles
- Clothing & Shoes
- Health & Beauty
- Home & Living
- Jewellery & Accessories
- Wedding & Party
We have many artists that sell digitally downloaded items, such as art prints, stationary designs, planners, or other printable documents.
Items must be handmade in Wales to qualify. Other items sold on Made In Cymru include Glass Art, Slate Art, Wooden Art, Flowers and Toys & Entertainment.
How Made In Cymru works?
Selling on Made In Cymru is simple and straightforward. However, it requires regular work and attention on the part of the sellers to create listing that are searchable and appealing, as well as to provide good customer service.
- Plan: If you're Welsh, crafty and considering Made In Cymru, you probably already have items in mind you want to sell. If you're not sure, browse Made In Cymru to see the creative products being sold. Start with a single type of item for easier marketing and organisation. As your Made In Cymru business grows, your product range can too.
- Register: Create a Made In Cymru account and choose a username. Select a profile picture and shop banner, write a bio and fill in all remaining setup fields. Read all the terms & conditions.
Open: Once you have an Made In Cymru account, navigate to products and start adding your products that you want listed in your shop. Please remember that we offer Free delivery across the site so you will need to include that cost in your buy it now price. To appeal to customers, you will want to have a professional photo or logo, as well as a shop banner.
The more effort you put into your listings, the better chance you will have of seeing them listed in Google organic search.
- Research: Most buyers on Made In Cymru use search to find stores and listings, so you will need to use best SEO practices to show up in search results. Your store description, bio, listing titles, tags and product descriptions should all use appropriate keywords. Take time to research similar products so you know which keywords to target. You should also research price points for similar listings to inform how you price your items.
- Products: Once your store is set up and you are creating your product listings, remember to include high-quality photos. Put your research to good use to create searchable listings with enticing descriptions. Set prices to cover your costs of supplies, as well as your time and your delivery fees.
- Sell: Think of your products and how you would like buyers to be able to find them, naming a product something as simple as a bag is easy but won't necessarily get you that sale, describe the bad in your title and your product descriptions.
- Deliver: Made In Cymru buyers can leave reviews about you as a seller and the quality of the product. For the best ratings, provide professional customer service that includes information about how quickly the item is delivered.
How much does selling on Made In Cymru cost?
There are no setup or monthly fees to open an Made In Cymru shop. Instead, sellers are charged a flat 10% commission on each order which includes the payment transactions fees. Made In Cymru takes all major Credit and Debit cards as well as PayPal.
Including in your seller account is a dashboard that allows you to keep track of your sales, orders, profit, commission paid.
Do I need an Made In Cymru shop?
Made In Cymru provides a marketplace specifically for Welsh craftspeople, artists and sellers to showcase their goods without needing a brick-and-mortar store or an individual website.
Made In Cymru allows each sellers to set up a customised online shop with full e-commerce capabilities on a platform that consumers already understand and trust.
Alternatives to Made In Cymru
If Made In Cymru isn't the right platform for what you want to sell there are other online marketplaces that you can use. Each one appeals to a different set of customers.
- eBay is a virtual marketplace for buying and selling goods of all kinds. Sellers can list used and new items.
- Amazon has a marketplace where third-party sellers can list many items, including furnishing, toys, electronics, books, clothing, jewellery, office supplies, personal care products, and more
- Etsy is a similar Marketplace to Made In Cymru albeit with a much larger audience currently. Etsy however, is a very saturated marketplace and you can spend hours working on your listings without much success.
At Made In Cymru, we advise listing on Etsy due to their volumes in traffic as well as our own site. You will make more profit on each order sold on Made In Cymru than Etsy so we suggest sending your own social traffic to your Made In Cymru store.
If you want to sell online without using a marketplace, you can also create a website with integrated shopping, credit card processing and e-commerce.